The first step in figuring out which process is best for you is to visit your dentist for an evaluation.
Tell your dentist exactly what bothers you about your teeth. Based on the degree of misalignment of your teeth, there are many solutions (including SureSmile) to achieve a beautiful, straight, optimal smile! Dr. McCauley is a skilled SureSmile dentist located in the heart of Bothell, WA.
If only one or two teeth are slightly out of place
- Cosmetic bonding of tooth colored filling material can improve tooth shape and allow for the appearance that your teeth are straight.
- Crowns or veneers can also correct teeth that are misshapen or minimally out of place. Keep in mind that crowns and veneers require removal of tooth structure to make room for the thickness of the crown or veneer. You may not want this option if your tooth is otherwise healthy.
- We also offer SureSmile in our office, and this is a very effective method for creating room and rotating teeth.
If you have generalized crowding
- SureSmile is a great option for patients with generalized crowding. This method allows for expansion of the upper and lower teeth to relieve crowding. Depending on your needs, SureSmile treatment can take 6 months or more.
If you have severe crowding
- Some patients with severe crowding can benefit from SureSmile. Find an SureSmile dentist (like Dr. McCauley) to evaluate your individual needs to ensure that SureSmile is a great fit for you!
- Conventional braces can sometimes move teeth faster than SureSmile. Conventional braces are always an option in all orthodontic cases. Your general dentist would work alongside an orthodontist to create your treatment plan.
If your jaws are not lined up properly
- A combination of conventional braces and orthognathic surgery could be an option for you. In this case, your general dentist will work alongside an orthodontist and an oral surgeon to create your treatment plan.
Contact our office if you’d like to set up a new patient evaluation!